Closed: Closed: VWEX: Virtual Work Experience for Y11 within Cisco`s Tech/Business Departments
Calling all YEAR 11, S4 (or equivalent) Students…
Curious about a career in technology? Looking for work experience that’s fun, exciting and where you can get stuck in?
You don’t have to be tech-savvy to take part; we’re open to everyone. We’ve got a mix of live sessions along with modules you can do at your own pace. You can select from technical and non-technical modules and hear from people talking about the variety of roles in the technology industry. Hear from people who do these jobs every day to see first-hand what it’s like to work for Cisco and inspire your choices for a career in IT.
Open to students in Year 11, S4 (or equivalent), our work experience programme will be running online. Spend a week learning all about Cisco and what happens in the different business areas. Improve your employability skills with one to one speed interviews, hear from different parts of the business in a sort of virtual careers fair, work virtually in a team and present your ideas back to our Dragons. Plus, you’ll get to learn loads through the targeted activities that link to your chosen workstream.
Workshop highlights include:
- An introduction to the IT industry and Cisco
- Presentations from Cisco employees ranging from apprentices to senior execs
- Demonstrations of some of our leading-edge technology
- Learn about the wide variety of IT roles
- Employability skills
- Students who have not previously had work experience, do not have access to other opportunities (such as via parents) and qualify for FSM or Pupil Premium are especially encouraged to apply
- Students will need to be able to access the online classroom (details to follow) from 9:30am to 4:30pm each day. Daily live sessions must be attended and self led modules completed at any time throughout the week
- Be sure to read all the details as applications will be selected based on enthusiasm and open-mindedness for this specific opportunity, organisation and industry.
**THIS OPPORTUNITY MAY CLOSE BEFORE THE ADVERTISED DATE DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. APPLY NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT**
PLEASE NOTE: This placement is a VIRTUAL placement and does NOT require students to attend a physical office. Details about how to access the placement will be sent to students when they are successful.
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain:
Great For Students Who Are:
Willing to learn
Below are a number of questions which you will need to answer to apply for this opportunity.
What do you know about Cisco and what do you hope to gain from doing your work experience here?
What area of technology excites you and why?