Summer 2018: 1 week STEM/Lab based placement at global quality standards organisation
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS NOW CLOSED AND IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Our teams of specialists are quite simply silent Superheroes.
These Superheroes keep you safe at home by ensuring that your cooker, fridge, washing machine and many more products are safe from exploding, malfunctioning or combusting…along with a whole range of other products that you pick up every day and trust that it won’t cause you harm.
These Superheroes work with thousands of organisations – both large and small and across all industry sectors – to help them implement standards of excellence so that they can perform better, reduce risk and grow their businesses.
So what’s on offer? This is an exciting one week STEM opportunity for a student to experience the day-to-day operations of the BSI Group testing laboratory. In this role you’ll be contributing to the safety of hundreds of thousands of people by ensuring the wide range of products manufactured by our clients are tested and safe to use in our everyday lives. The vast range of construction materials to personal safety products are tested for safety critical use, having been subjected to extremes of functional, physical, environmental or security testing in our laboratories.
You’ll get the opportunity to contribute to the whole product testing process, for example, you’ll support from when a gas oven, washing machine or emergency lighting signage arrives through the door, testing it to destruction, analysing & considering the test results, pulling together a customer friendly report and helping give the BSI stamp of approval.
Before applying please note:
- Students who have not previously had work experience and do not have access to other opportunities (such as via parents) are especially encouraged to apply.
- We cannot guarantee which department you will be in so please ensure you would be interested to get a one week taster of a top organisation in any of the departments listed.
- Be sure to read all the details as applications will be selected based on enthusiasm and open-mindedness for this specific opportunity, organisation and industry.
- Students will need to be able to be at BSI Group in Hemel Hempstead 0900 - 1700 each day for the entirety of the placement.
- Final deadline for applications is Wednesday, 6th June, however students may be selected before this date so please submit your application as soon as possible to give yourself the best chance.
Do not worry if you don’t know anything about our industry or department, as we are simply interested in your enthusiasm and willingness to make the most of the placement by learning from our team.
This week long opportunity is available for the weeks commencing 25th June, 2nd July & 9th July. Please state clearly in your application which date would suit you best (or if you have flexibility)
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain:
Client facing experience
Great For Students Who Are:
Willing to learn
Below are a number of questions which you will need to answer to apply for this opportunity.
Our business is about making excellence a habit. What makes you excellent?
If you were a Superhero, who would it be and why?