1 week placement at a Global Macro Hedge Fund, Caxton Associates
THIS ADVERT HAS EXPIRED AND IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
An exciting one week internship based in our offices in central London. Each student will be allocated a mentor from within the firm who will help provide support and be accessible for any questions or advice during the internship.
Students will gain exposure to the day-to-day operations of the business, its different divisions and key personnel, as well as a focus on valuable life skills:
- JOB ROTATION: Students will have the opportunity to meet and spend time with a wide number of employees across the organisation. This will help give you an insight into the various areas within the firm as well as the different roles of individuals. You will gain a better understanding of what their day-to-day jobs involve and the skills they have developed to help them achieve success.
- LIFE SKILLS: How to build your CV, Preparing for interviews. Conducting yourself in the workplace, Presentation skills.
- MINI PROJECT: Interns with the support of their mentors, will have the opportunity to explore real life business cases of personal interest and present these to peers and members of the firm.
Before applying please note:
- Students will need to be present at Caxton in Central London 0900 - 1700 each day for the entirety of the placement
- Final deadline for applications is Thursday, 31st May (though students may be selected before this so please apply ASAP).Be sure to read all the details as applications will be selected based on enthusiasm and open-mindedness for this specific opportunity, organisation and industry.
- Do not worry if you don’t know anything about our industry or department. We are most interested in your enthusiasm and willingness to make the most of the placement by learning from our team.
Please note: Students without access to top opportunities, have not had previous high-quality work experience and/or those who qualify for FSM/Pupil Premium are especially encouraged to apply.
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain:
Great For Students Who Are:
Interested in learning industry basics
Below are a number of questions which you will need to answer to apply for this opportunity.
What would you most like to get out of the internship and which part are you most excited about?
What makes you a good fit for this internship?
Would you normally be able to access an opportunity like this at a leading organisation? Please give us more information about your personal access to top firms and their opportunities.