1 Week Work Experience at leading Project Management Consultancy
Turner & Townsend
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BUILDING THE CITIES OF THE FUTURE?
This is an opportunity to work on iconic Infrastructure, Real Estate and Natural Resources projects, which shape the environment and society we live in. We have worked on The Shard, Battersea Power Station, and Heathrow Airport Expansion.
We offer the chance to work with different teams, rotational placements, opportunities to shadow, take part in activities, meet senior people within our organisation to gain career insights, career development workshops, CV writing, a mini project and presentation.
Before applying please note:
- We would particularly encourage applications from individuals who have not previously had work experience, nor have access to similar opportunities elsewhere (such as via parents).
- Diversity and Inclusion is important to us, and as such we would welcome applications from groups that are statistically under-represented in our industry such as young females and BAME candidates who have an interest in STEM subjects or construction.
- We hire people who see solutions where others see challenges, have genuine enthusiasm for how the world works, and a love for learning on the job.
- You will be based at our office near St Paul’s at 9:30 – 16:00 Monday to Friday, with the possibility of some offsite travel to client sites (a weekly travel card will be provided)
- Final deadline for applications is Friday, 8th June
Do not worry if you don’t know anything about our industry or department, as we are simply interested in your enthusiasm and willingness to make the most of the placement by learning from our team. However, If you do have an interest in a particular area of our business, please let us know and we’ll do our best to build that into this programme where possible.
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain:
Understanding more about the sector
Understanding how an office works
Understanding how a business operates
Great For Students Who Are:
Interested in learning industry basics
Willing to work in a team
Able to learn quickly
Willing to learn
Keen to try new things
Interested in problem solving
Below are a number of questions which you will need to answer to apply for this opportunity.
What would you like to get out of a week working with Turner & Townsend?
Can you give an example of when you’ve gone out your way to learn something new or improve?
What interests you about the construction industry?