National Theatre Work Experience for Year 10 Students: 11-15 June 2018
Apply now: 1 week work experience project for year 10 students at the National Theatre.
The National Theatre offers bespoke week-long work experience projects for year 10 students. This is a rare opportunity to join us for a week to find out about careers in the creative industries. Over the course of the week, you’ll work with staff and artists from across the National Theatre, including Front of House, Marketing, Design and Production. You’ll take part in a series of workshops, tasks and challenges and see an NT Production.
At the end of the week, you will share and present your experiences from across the week to teachers and NT staff.
Theatre isn’t just about acting, and there won’t be a performance focus, so applicants don’t need to be interested in performing or have any previous experience of theatre. We’ll particularly focus on off stage and backstage careers. This opportunity will give you a broad introduction to careers in theatre including part-time entry-level jobs that might be a first entry into the arts industry.
The placement will run from Monday 11 to Friday 15 June, from 10am-4pm daily.
Before applying please note:
- The placement will take place from Monday 11 to Friday 15 June 2018
- Students must be available to attend all 5 days of the placement, 10am to 4pm, which will be held in the Clore Learning Centre at the National Theatre in London.
- The project will cover a broad range of careers and areas of the organisation, so please ensure you would be enthusiastic to get a one-week taster to the creative industries as a whole.
- Be sure to read all the details as applications will be selected based on enthusiasm and open-mindedness for this specific opportunity, organisation and industry.
- You do not need to know anything about our industry to apply. What we are most interested in, is your enthusiasm and willingness to make the most of the placement by learning from our team.
- Final deadline for applications is Wednesday, 23rd. We strongly encourage students to apply early as selections may be made before the application deadline.
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided for all participants each day. We are also able to offer travel bursaries.
This one-week work experience project opportunity at the National Theatre is only available for Year 10 Students who have not had any previous work experience in the creative industries. Unfortunately, applications from other year groups are not able to be considered. We encourage applications from students who may not usually have access to an opportunity like this.
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain:
Understanding how the organisation operates
Understanding more about the sector
Client facing experience
Great For Students Who Are:
Willing to work in a team
Willing to learn
Below are a number of questions which you will need to answer to apply for this opportunity.
What previous theatre experience do you have, if any? Tell us if you have been to the National Theatre before, and/or if you have seen a show here.
Why are you interested in being part of the National Theatre Work experience week?
What do you hope to gain from the work experience week?