Tailored for ambitious open-minded young women | Careers within Construction
Danny Sullivan Group
Calling ambitious, open-minded young women from years 11,12 & 13!Are you brave enough to consider a career within a sector that is currently dominated by men?
Are you someone who enjoys Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM subjects)?
Not sure what your future career paths are or can look like?
Looking for work experience that’s fun, exciting and where you can get stuck in?
Accounts, HR, Commercial, Marketing, Social Value, Sustainability, Engineering, Trades & Labour are just some of the careers and opportunities available within the construction industry. Hear from leading women (and men) within the sector such as Engineers working on one of the most demanding and exciting transport projects in Europe. HS2 is a state-of-the-art, high-speed line critical for the UK’s low carbon transport future. It will provide much-needed rail capacity across the country and is integral to rail projects in the North and Midlands – helping rebalance the UK economy.
Open to students in Year 11, 12 & 13 our work experience programme will be running online. Spend a week learning all about an industry that many of you would never had thought of and what happens in the different business areas. Improve your employability skills with one-to-one speed interviews, hear from different parts of the business, work virtually in a team and present your ideas back to Senior Leaders.
Workshop highlights include:
- An introduction to the vast number of opportunities and career pathways within construction
- Presentations from employees ranging from apprentices to senior executives
- Demonstrations of some of the industries leading-edge technology
- Learn about the wide variety of roles
- Employability skills
- Students will need to be able to access the online classroom (details to follow) from 10.00am – 3.00pm each day. Daily live sessions must be attended, and recorded sessions can be viewed at any time throughout the week.
- Work must be uploaded at the end of each day.
- Be sure to read all the details as applications will be selected based on enthusiasm and open-mindedness for this specific opportunity, organisation, and industry.
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain:
Career Development Workshop
Understanding more about the sector
Understanding how a business operates
Meeting senior executives
Great For Students Who Are:
Willing to learn
Keen to try new things
Below are a number of questions which you will need to answer to apply for this opportunity.
When you hear `construction` what do you think of? (Be honest)?
What would your family and friends say about you?
What skills would you like to improve during the week?