1 week work experience at HQ of high street retailer
Oasis & Warehouse
This an exciting opportunity for students to join high street retailers Oasis & Warehouse for 1-week work experience in their Shoreditch Head Office, commencing summer 2018.
The 5-day work experience will offer students the opportunity to gain an insight into what it’s like to work in a fast-paced retail environment. You will be joining a real team in which you will get to experience a week in the life at a fashion Head Office and meet all the people who make it happen.
You will also a learn about a variety of areas which will include:
- Design (the team responsible for researching future trends and designing the product)
- Buying (discover how we develop and plan a commercial and exciting product range)
- Digital (responsible for the day-to-day management of the web, phone & social media)
- Marketing and PR (learn how we showcase our product to the customer)
Before applying please note:
- It doesn’t matter if you have a prior interest or experience in fashion. We’re looking for enthusiastic, creative and open minded students who are keen to experience life at the HQ of a top retailer.
- Students will need to be able to be at the Shoreditch Head Offices in Central London 09:30 - 1700 each day for the entirety of the placement.Students who have not previously had work experience, do not have access to other opportunities (such as via parents) and qualify for FSM or Pupil Premium are especially encouraged to apply.
Final deadline for applications is Wednesday, 6th June, however students may be selected before this date so please submit your application as soon as possible to give yourself the best chance.
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain:
Understanding how the organisation operates
Understanding more about the sector
Understanding how an office works
Understanding how a business operates
Meeting senior executives
Great For Students Who Are:
Willing to work in a team
Able to learn quickly
Keen to try new things
Interested in problem solving
Interested in reading
Below are a number of questions which you will need to answer to apply for this opportunity.
Tell us about why you feel this opportunity would be important to help you in your future ambitions?
Inspiration: What are you inspired by?
Interests: Which aspect of retail are you most interested in and why? (e.g Design, Buying, Finance, Marketing, etc)