Virtual Work Experience with the national tourism board – VisitBritain/VisitEngland
This is an exciting opportunity to understand what it`s like working for the national tourist board. Over the three days, via a virtual `office`, students will gain an insight into the work of VisitBritain/VisitEngland and hear from the team what exciting opportunities working in tourism could include. The placements will involve time in several different parts of the business, which may cover:
- Working on Live Briefs
- Understanding the role of VisitBritain/VisitEngland
- Marketing Britain and England
- Making England accessible
- Working with international offices
- Why business and major events are so important
The days will be planned between 10:00 and 15:00 from 15th February to 17th February 2022. We look forward to getting your application!
Before applying please note:
- Students who have not previously had work experience, do not have access to other opportunities (such as via parents) and qualify for FSM or Pupil Premium are especially encouraged to apply.
- Be sure to read all the details as applications will be selected based on enthusiasm and thirst for knowledge for this specific opportunity, organisation and industry.
- Students will need to be able to be at the Virtual classes 10:00-15:00 during the dates of the Work Experience
- Students must have access to a computer/laptop with a microphone to take part in the activities.
Please note this is a virtual placement and students will not be required to attend in person at our offices. Students will need access to a laptop or tablet and an internet connection to attend the virtual placement.
All students will be taking part in group breakout sessions. Therefore, you must have access to a computer/laptop with a microphone in order to take part.
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain:
Career Development Workshop
Great For Students Who Are:
Interested in learning industry basics
Able to learn quickly
Below are a number of questions which you will need to answer to apply for this opportunity.
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
What do you already know about our organisation?
Creative: What would you create if you were given £100,000 tomorrow?