VWEX – Build Yourself with Wates - Midlands & North
Wates Group is one of the largest privately-owned
construction, development and property services companies in the UK. We have a
proud 120+ year history, now in our fourth generation of family ownership,
Wates employs around 4,000 people and works with more than 10,000 supply-chain
operatives and partners to successfully deliver a range of projects.
Build Yourself at
Wates – A virtual work experience opportunity!
Build Yourself, our school engagement programme, aims to
address misconceptions and promote careers in construction to the next
generation. The VWEX opportunity will include:
- A range of fun and challenging
projects and tasks throughout the week
- Virtual site tours, Q&A panels, and interactive
webinars featuring Wates apprentices and industry professionals
- A chance to explore opportunities
in the industry and learn more about the roles available
- Build employability skills such
as good communication, presentation skills and team working
- Opportunity to network with
industry professionals, gain a reference and build on your CV
We would be looking for applicants in the following locations:
Liverpool, Wrexham, Leeds, Manchester, Wakefield, Barnsley, York, Gateshead, Newcastle, Widnes, Rochdale, Carlisle, Whitehaven
Our priority is to address the skills gap and lack of diversity within the construction sector. We would especially welcome applications from:
- Students who have not previously had work experience and do not have access to other opportunities
- If you are female and interested in hearing more about construction. Women make up around 14% of construction industry professionals and this number can only be set to rise with more and more women choosing construction
- Students from BAME backgrounds - Evidence shows that black, asian and minority ethnic people are entering the construction sector and progressing, however currently only 5% of the construction workforce is BAME (14% of UK workforce)
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain:
Career Development Workshop
Great For Students Who Are:
Interested in learning industry basics
Willing to learn
Below are a number of questions which you will need to answer to apply for this opportunity.
Which of your skills would you like to improve?
What would you consider a ‘great day’ at work?